New blog section…The Book…All of it…Here…
HELSINKI-In September 2009 I based myself in Helsinki, Finland for a few months to hole up in a friend’s flat and finish writing a book about the travel I did during the last two years of university from November 2006-March 2009. Except for a four month break spent recovering from a car accident I was on the road for the majority of that time, moving generally east from the Americas.
I’ve graduated university (B.A. 2009) and finished the book, yet due to the rather sorry state of the book publishing industry, I’ve decided to release the book here on this blog. It will appear in “The Book” section, chapter by chapter a few times a week along with photos and links. When I’m done posting it, the book will be compiled as a downloadable E-Book.
The book covers a trip all around the world. This means the expanse of it will be great for SEO and I’m also open to a publisher finding it and wanting to publish it. Working on getting an agent and selling it to a publishing house is a full time job however. What I’m looking forward to doing now is creating new work. Yet I need to somehow show these stories. They have given me the foundation for the work I will continue to pursue.
A few hits from the book, by geographical area:
- Latin America: Meeting Hugo Chavez’s best friend.
- The Balkans: Investigating the conflict in Serbian Sandzak.
- The Middle East: Being force fed by members of Hezbollah.
- Ukraine and the Baltics: Seeing the Catherine the Great Statue in Sevastopol vandalized.
- China and Nepal: Watching police provide protection to a new Nepali rebel group.
If this sounds interesting please read on…